Escape the city as fast as you can, turn off the freeway and head down the scenic Tourist Drive 33 from Calga/Peats Ridge all the way down to Laguna and into historical Wollombi Village.
1. Stay: Experience the unique farm-stay of Little Valley Farm with their off-grid 1950's red rattler train and tiny shepherd's hut. The now-famous Laguna vintage-train has a huge hang-out deck with wood-fired pizza oven and an outdoor bath overlooking the frockling herd of alpacas. It’s a farm-stay experience that is not to be missed when staying in Laguna. www.littlevalleyfarm.com.au
2. Dine: Great Northern Trading Post known as GNTP. Do experience a Friday night dinner at GNTP in their uber-cool and rustic dining area. Now it's Autumn, book your table near the fireplace. Lovely owner, Rose will delight you with her seasonal and local produce on offer. It's the perfect gateway to the Hunter Valley since 1879. So see you there. https://www.gntp.com.au
3. Hike: Enjoy an early morning hike around Finchley Trig and experience its 360-degrees views over the Yengo National Park and looking out to the Great Blue Mountains World Heritage. Accessible by 2WD from Laguna via Yango Creek Road and then Upper Yango Creek. Approx 10km of dirt road. Enjoy its solitude.
4. Brunch: Enjoy brunch in the newly renovated Myrtle House Cafe and grab your spot in the sunny Garden Bar or on the wrap-around veranda under the shade. On cooler days enjoy the indoor fire for that extra country charm in this 1932 historical building surrounded by Myrtle Trees. https://www.myrtlehouse.com.au
5. Wine Time: Stop and taste the wine around Wollombi Village boutique wineries. First Stop a 19th century sandstone Georgian building with Noyce Brothers Wine Cellardoor in the heart of Wollombi Village and then a short but beautiful drive to Stonehurst Cedar Creek. Trust me, its all very Instagram worthy! https://www.noycebros.com.au
6. Get Cultural: The 1866 building was once a Court House, Police Station, Community Hall and now a Museum. Pop in to check out the old black and white images of Wollombi Village. They are amazing of a world-gone-by. If only these walls could talk!
7. Afternoon delight : Pop into Laguna Village Providore and pick up some local Hunter Valley Cheese, crackers, Turkish delight and nuts and head back to Little Valley Farm to enjoy the outdoor bath overlooking the alpacas with your boutique wine. Chillax at its best and your digital detox starts now.
Next day.. what to do? We say… book in Melissa!
8. Drive by Tour: Book in a drive-by-tour with Melissa of Grape Experience Tours and spend the day exploring picturesque Broke and up to the Pokolbin Wineries. Indulge in a long-lunch at Margan or Bistro Molines with views and local cuisine to delight you. Don't forget to stop at the cheese, chocolate and olive factory as well as the breweries and distilleries. Now you see why you need Melissa to scoot you around! https://www.grapeexperiencetours.com.au